How to Apply
The candidate while submitting duly filled application form has to make the following payments towards application/ entrance exam fees.
- A DD for Rs. 1,000/- which includes
- Application form fees
- Entrance test fee for one subject
- Entrance test fees for additional subjects: Rs.700/- per subject.
- If a candidate wishes to apply for two subjects, he/ she has to pay Rs.1000 + Rs. 700 x 1 = Rs. 1700/-
- If a candidate wishes to apply for three subjects, he/ she has to pay Rs.1000 + Rs. 700 x 2 = Rs. 2400/-
- If a candidate wishes to apply for four subjects, he/ she has to pay Rs.1000 + Rs. 700 x 3=Rs. 3100/-)
- The payment should be made by crossed Demand Draft (non - refundable) or its equivalent in the case of candidates applying from abroad in favour of "St. John's Medical College" payable at Bangalore. No other mode of payment is acceptable.
- In case he/she applies for two subjects, a DD for Rs. 700/- needs to be enclosed.
- If he/she applies for three subjects, a DD for Rs. 1,400/-
- For four subjects a DD for Rs. 2,100/-
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
All particulars in the application form should be furnished carefully and in BLOCK LETTERS. Applications which are incomplete will not be considered; no correspondence in this regard will be entertained. The College will not take any responsibility for delay in the receipt or loss of application in postal transit.
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS ARE TO BE SUBMITTED
- Registration form duly filled in
- Application/Entrance Exam fees as mentioned above
- Attested copies of the following:
- M.B.B.S. Degree or Provisional Pass Certificate.
- Statements of marks of all M.B.B.S. Examinations (as in the form enclosed).
- Caste Certificate (if SC/ST from Karnataka).
- Compulsory Rotating Internship Certificate.
- A Certificate from the authority concerned to the effect that the Hospital where internship was done is a teaching Hospital or recognised by the University/ Medical Council of India for Internship training as the case may be.
- State Medical Council Registration Certificate.
- Conduct Certificate from the Head of the Institution where the candidate studied for M.B.B.S. Course.
- One copy of a recent passport size photograph affixed on the Hall Ticket duly completed. (Attestation will be done by the Registrar)
- Senior House Surgeoncy/Junior Residency Certificate or Service Certificate from the competent authority, whichever is applicable.
- Certificates showing distinctions, scholarships, honours, medals etc. (MBBS only)
- Post-graduate diploma or degree certificates, if any.
- A certificate from the head of the Institution last attended, giving details of the number of attempts at each examination and failures, if any.
- A certificate showing extra-curricular activities / Sports (Intercollegiate/State only).
- For former students of this Institution a Certificate of service in rural and underserved areas in this country from the authority concerned and approved by the Director of this Institution.
- Along with Application Form, the applicant should
enclose 2 envelopes, with your name and
address and with a
Rs. 22/- postal stamp affixed on one cover only.
Completed application forms along with the documents mentioned under 5.2(III) of the Prospectus, should be submitted either in person or by post to: the Registrar, Admissions Office, St. John's Medical College, Bangalore - 560 034, Karnataka, India.
Note: Unless all the above mentioned ORIGINAL CERTIFICATES are produced when called for Interview, no interview will be conducted. Migration and Transfer certificates to be enclosed along with the originals. All Foreign students require a "No Objection Certificate" from Secretary, Government of India, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Nirman Bhavan, New Delhi - 110 011 before admission to the College. Should a candidate secure admission, all the original certificates will be deposited in the College until completion of the Course.