How to Apply
A candidate seeking admission to the College must submit an application to the Registrar in the prescribed form. Application Forms and Prospectus are available onl y to candidates who wish to apply for the M.B.B.S. Course and will be supplied to such candidates directly. These requirements will be strictly enforced; no request for their relaxation will be entertained.
- The submission of an application for admission does not imply acceptance by the College of the eligibility of the Candidates to the medical course of the Rajiv Gandhi U niversity.
- The application forms and Prospectus are available:
- Prospectus & Application forms can be downloaded from the website: www.stjohns.in
- For students in India:
At the Admissions Office, St. John’s National Academy of Health Sciences, Bangalore - 560 034 on payment of
Rs. 1000/- by crossed Bank Demand Draft (non refundable) in favour of “St. John’s Medical College” payable at Bangalore. No other mode of payment is acceptable.
- For Indians who passed the qualifiying examination Abroad
and NRI students:
At the Admissions Office, St. John’s National Academy of Health Sciences, Bangalore - 560 034 on payment of Indian Rupees 3000/- by crossed bank demand draft (non refundable) in favour of “St. John’s Medical College” payable at Bangalore. No other mode of payment is acceptable. Application forms will be issued in the name of the Applicant and is not transferable. The amount is not refundable once the application forms are issued or mailed by registered post. The last date for mailing application forms, if available, will be as follows:
Abroad : 05-04-2013 India : 18-04-2013
Filling of Application
- Candidates should study the instructions and requirements set out in the Application Form and Prospectus carefully, before completing the form.
- Any conceated / wrong information will lead to disqualification at any time.
- For facility of reference, all communications, following the application should quote the Application Number given on the top of the Application Form, which must, therefore, be carefully noted. No notice will be taken of a communication where the Application number is not quoted.
- All communications from the College will be sent to the address given in the application; no change in this address can be accepted.
It is the responsibility of the candidate to complete the application and the enclosures correctly. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
Completed application forms along with relevant enclosures as detailed below should reach the Office of the Registrar not later than 26- 04-2013, even if qualifying examination results are not available by that date.
Application Forms not accompanied by the following enclosures will be rejected.
- Those who are downloading the application from the website, the
following documents have to be sent to the office of the Registrar,
Admission office, St. John’s Medical College, Bangalore – 560
034, Karnataka, India.
- Duly filled application form
- Hall Ticket
- A DD of Rs. 1000/- (to be paid by those who studied in India or a DD of Rs 3000/- to be paid by those who studied XI & XII abroad and NRI Students)
- Two long envelopes of size (23 x 10 cms) with Rs.5/- stamp affixed
- Cast Certificate if SC/ST/BC
- Domicile Certificate if from Karnataka
- Those who are collecting application form in person;
- The Application Form (white card) should affixed with recent passport size photograph (name embossed without disfiguring the photograph)
- Hall Ticket (yellow card) should be affixed with recent passport size photograph (name embossed without disfiguring the photograph). The address should be written clearly in the space provided.
- Four white envelopes provided filled with candidate’s mailing address affixed with Rs. 5/- postal stamp.
- Enclosing Recommendation Letters will amount to canvassing, leading to disqualification. Admissions will be done purely on the basis of merit and not on the basis of recommendation, donation or through the agents.
- No certificates except Cast certificate by SC/ST and domicile by Karnataka student are to be enclosed with the application or sent later. Copies and originals of Certificates are to be produced only if called for the interview in July, 2013 and In Person.
- Those who are downloading the application from the website, the following documents have to be sent to the office of the Registrar, Admission office, St. John’s Medical College, Bangalore – 560 034, Karnataka, India.
All candidates from India or Abroad having qualifications other than the 2 year P.U.C examination of the Pre-University Education Board of the Karnataka State, should obtain an eligibility certificate from the Rajiv Gandhi U niversity of Health Sciences, Bangalore in order to register for the course if selected, before paying the fees.
Foreign students should also obtain the certificate of clearance from the Ministry of Health and Family W elfare, Government of India, Nirman Bhavan, New Delhi - 110 011. The duplicate application should be forwarded through the Government of India (the original copy of the application should be sent to the College) The students should be in possession of student visa and residential permit.
The application form and other cards duly completed, keeping in mind the instructions contained in paragraphs iv and v, must be submitted on or before 18-04-2013 by Registered post A.D./ Speed Post/ Courier.
The College will not entertain any plea of delay or loss of applications in postal transit.
At the Admissions Office, St. John’s National Academy of Health Sciences, Bangalore - 560 034 on or before 26/04/2013.
Please note that the forms will be sent by Registered Acknowledgement Post.